I am once again a Auntie! Claire Elizabeth was born yesterday morning at 7:53. Weighing 7.1lbs and 19.5 inches.
I am so blessed not only to have such a wonderful family but for a growing Principi family. Will, my nephew who is close to 3 now and is Claire's brother, is the love of my life. Now I am completely filled with more joy than i thought was possible. I'm not quite sure you can fully understand the amount of unconditional love you can have for a niece or nephew until you actually have one. I honestly thought when Will arrived that I only felt like that because i never had a younger sibling but now i believe that it's just because kids really do lighten up your life. They both are absolutely beautiful children and I cherish every moment i have with them. I hope I get to meet her sooner rather than later, but when i do i know i'm going to automatically fall in love.
Now I have to give my props to Jami, she is such a wonderful inspiration to not only me but to many people she doesn't even know! J, you are such a wonderful mother, daughter, sister in law, sister, friend and wife..one whom i hope to emulate one day. You're stronger than any other woman i have ever met, other than mom of course, but through the past couple of months you and Philip honestly have given "strength" a whole new meaning. You and Philip both are such incredible role models. Now it's rest time for you miss Jami...live it up while you can and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Thank you for bringing the world another Principi girl....lord knows we needed it! ha Let's just be glad that she won't be going to Pizitz Middle School, with this last name the PE teachers might not be so fond of her....that you can thank Alicia for!
Now on to ME:
No one said it was going to be easy....but i never remember it being this tough!
While February 1st was just another Monday for most people, it was my first day at my new job! I was extremely happy when i rose, a little nauseous, but that was all nerves. I had orientation for the first 2 hours and then began my work day. As you can assume I was in a whirlwind; not only juggling many emotions, thoughts and names but also I had not received my desk/computer/phone quite yet...so i also was becoming a nomad. I was writing as many notes as i possibly could and just soak in what i could. Needless to say by the end of the day I was suffering from exhaustion.
After my month or so of time off where i kept saying "oh i can't wait to get back to work and stay busy again"....i didn't realize how fast that would actually come. Busy was an understatement. I haven't been in that situation in such a long time you forget how it makes you feel. You don't want to ask too many questions where they begin to think your incompetent but you want to do everything perfect so you won't screw up...i was on a seesaw....the whole week. I would run to my boss's desk then back to mine, then i would realize something else i didn't know what to do with and there i was running back to his desk. At least i got a lot of exercise. ha So many things were coming at me, new systems, new functions, lingo's, abbreviated lingo's, reports, spreadsheets...throughout the week my head was spinning. Once i would feel like i knew exactly what was going on something new would come up and bam there I was in a spin again. So to make it short, i was frustrated (for many reasons), exhausted, lost, confused, scared....yadda, yadda. I kept my nomad ways until Friday, when i was presented my desk with a computer and phone. I felt much more comfortable by then, but still was having all these emotions. I knew I just had to get over the "beginning fever" and everything would be okay. I had to keep thinking everyone feels like this in the beginning.
So thanks to Father Bob, I now have multiple churches in NYC. This past weekend I chose to try out the one that was the closest to me...literally a few blocks from me. The priest spoke mainly in his homily how if God wants to put you somewhere or brings you to an opportunity he will do it. This I am very fortunate to say has happened to me. I know that he brought me to New York and I knew he wanted me to work for this company. It was a feeling i really have never felt before... when it hit me, it hit me hard and I just knew this was time to move to New York. Honestly, when i finally let him have the wheel and which he gladly accepted, It was the first time in my life i had absolutely no worries..and for those who know me well i'm quite the planner when it comes to my life and especially moving. This is when I knew he had complete control so i just sat back to watch his magic unfold. Anyway, so the priest goes on to say "to never give up, never waive the white flag" b/c he brought you here... he didn't bring you to frustration or whatever emotion you feel to give up. It's a reminder that he is your encouragement, he will help you get through it and more than that overcome it! So that being said, I felt like he was slapping me on the head so that i could see straight again. I let go of my frustration and let him take back those reigns. It could not have been a more perfect homily for me, especially b/c of how i was feeling and it had only been my first week.
This week has been a lot easier on me so far, although i found out today that i am taking on more tasks than i realized....but like i said i know he brought me here for a reason and knowing that i'm going to shine on! Who doesn't like a good challenge, right??


Give it 4 weeks and you'll have the job licked man. Thanks for the kind words about us, especially Jami. Glad to hear you are happy with life - that makes me happy as your big bro. Keep it up, we are all so proud of you.
ReplyDeletep
Ditto what P said! I know the family couldn't be happier for you right now. It's very exciting to think that little mims moved to new york and started life on her own. You're gonna kick that citys butt!
ReplyDeletelove you.